Working with special needs students can be rewarding while at the same time present unique challenges for staff. Those challenges may include interacting with students in a safe manner, effectively communicating, and gaining a better understanding of the difficulties student may face.
This course will focus on helping staff serve special needs students by looking at:
- the importance of spending time getting to know students
- interacting with understanding and patience
- understanding various learning challenges
- discovering effective methods of communicating
- personal safety recommendations